We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and flexible working options to reward hard work, motivate and empower all kinds of people to enjoy more rewarding careers.
We also regularly review our staff benefits package to ensure it recognises the effort and energy of our team and reflects the things staff have said are important.
Pay scales and increments
We currently follow the 2018/19 Agenda for Change national pay scales and pay a Living Wage minimum salary of £9.00 an hour or £17,598.20 per annum. In addition to this eligible staff will receive a yearly increase in their salary to recognise development in skills and experience.
- On appointment: 27 days annual leave a year, plus 8 days off for general public holidays.
- After 5 years’ service: 29 days annual leave a year, plus 8 days off for general public holidays.
- After 10 years’ service: 33 days annual leave a year, plus 8 days off for general public holidays.
We recognise NHS reckonable service in regards to annual leave entitlement.
Recognising that we all are different, we offer a range of pensions options so that staff can choose one that works best for them. You can choose from one of the following options to suit your lifestyle:
- Access to the NHS Pension with an employer contribution rate of 14.38%, increasing to 20.68% 1 April 2019 and an employee rate which varies dependent on your salary.
- Access to Scottish Widows Scheme with matched contributions of between 3% and 8% of pay.
- A cash option of 5% of basic pay.
- Access to our Scottish Widows scheme and a cash option: 2% cash and 3% pension. Minimum pension is changing to 5% in 1 April 2019 so cannot be combined with cash option.
Other benefits of working with us include:
- Discounts – over 1,000 special discounts covering holidays, leisure attractions and many more
- Opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
- Charitable giving
Reward and recognition
- Employee of the month
- Chief executive anniversary celebrations
- BOSCAs – award ceremony
Learning and development
We encourage and support our employees to gain the skills and qualifications that will meet the needs of our business and will support their future employability. Find out more about learning and development.
At Bristol Community Health your wellbeing is a big priority, and we want our people to be the best they can be. That’s why we’ve introduced a staff wellbeing strategy which outlines our commitment to keep them fighting fit.
We have also been awarded the Workplace Wellbeing Charter. Wellbeing programmes include:
Physical wellbeing support
- Fitness classes at work
- Cycle to work scheme
- Physiotherapy for staff
- Sports team sponsorship fund
- Seasonal flu vaccinations
- Support to stop smoking
- Alcohol and substance misuse support
Mental wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Preventative Support
- Resilience Support
- Work related stress support programme