Team Administrator – Band 3, Learning Disabilities Team
Fixed Term Contract, 9 months with a possibility of extension (maternity cover)
30 hours per week
Based at New Friends Hall, Stapleton, and the Withywood Centre, Queen’s Road (this is a roaming role and you will be required to work at both sites, each of which have ample and free parking).
£17,787 – £20,795 (pro-rata)
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Administrator within the Bristol Community Learning Disabilities Team. You’ll work in our busy and lively front office, serving as the first point of contact for the multi-disciplinary Learning Disabilities team.
What you’ll do
Amongst other duties, your responsibilities will include:
- Typing documents from handwritten copy and, audio dictation
- Dealing with telephone enquiries from Service Users, carers and staff from other agencies
- Reception duties
- General office duties, i.e. scanning, faxing, filing
- Provide support to senior secretaries and the base administrator.
- Take minutes.
For full details please see the Role Profile attached.
In doing all of the above, you’ll be part of a larger integrated Administrative team; you will have regular 1.1 supervision and participate in the BCH appraisal system. You will be supported by your colleagues and in turn you will support them in their role.
What we’d like from you
- A good standard of education at GCSE level, or equivalent
- Fast, accurate typing skills to a RSA Level 2. audio typing skills are desirable but not essential
- Significant experience of working in a busy customer focused environment
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- An understanding of the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act
What we can offer:
- A varied and interesting workload in a busy multi-disciplinary team
- Great customer contact
- Full access to the competitive NHS Pension scheme
- A competitive annual leave package, starting at 27 days a year + bank holidays
- Access to a range of company benefits, including discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, and more.
Would you like to learn more? If so, for more details please contact:
Dee Screen, Business Support Coordinator on 0117 987 8383 or Donna Bidder, Base Administrator on 0117 958 5666 .
From 1 April 2020, adult community health services in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire will be provided by Sirona health & care. Therefore any adult services posts advertised by Bristol Community Health will be transferred to Sirona after this date.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can read more about the announcement on the Bristol Community Health website.