We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Registered Nurses committed to delivering excellent care to join our community nursing teams in Bristol. We have permanent posts available in the following locations:
- South Bristol full and part time based in Knowle or Withywood
- East and Inner Bristol full and part-time based in Fishponds or Eastville
- North Bristol full and part-time based in Horfield or Shirehampton
Our Community Nursing service has over 200 dedicated professionals who plan and deliver evidence based nursing care to housebound patients within defined localities. You will work both autonomously and collaboratively within supportive teams which comprise Advanced Clinical Practitioners, Nurse Team Leaders and Managers, Healthcare Assistants and Administrators as well as with the wider healthcare community.
You will need excellent communication and clinical skills and have experience of working within a team; previous community experience is desirable but not essential. You will also be required to use electronic patient record systems, have good time management and be able to prioritise your work load.
We have recently re-structured our Community Nursing teams and implemented a zonal working, named nurse model across 6 localities. This change ensures our patients see fewer healthcare professionals and our clinicians cover smaller localities than previously. This also enables greater resilience within teams and improved management support for training and development.
Please indicate your preffered location and working pattern on your application form. Weekend and bank holiday working and some late shifts (no nights or out of hours) will be part of this role. You need to have access to a car with a full driving license to apply.
*Experienced Nurse candidates who are successful at interview will be eligible for a recruitment enhancement of £1,000 (pro-rated for part time). You will receive the amount in two payments – £500 on joining us and £500 on successful completion of your probationary period. Payments are subject to tax and NI deductions and are not available for newly qualified candidates. In order to be eligible for this payment you will need to have a full set of competencies and skills which include
- Catheterisation – male, female and supra-pubic
- Syringe pump management
- Wound care including compression therapy for venous leg management
- Bladder and bowel care
- Venepuncture and IV skills
For further information about these roles, please contact one of our Team Managers, we encourage and welcome pre-interview correspondence or visits to our bases where you can get a real feel for our organisational culture, values and ways of working. Please contact us if you would like to discuss any aspect of the roles:
- South Bristol Team Managers – David Pugh on 07920 889113 and Debbie Davey on 07917 895960
- East and Inner Bristol Team Managers – Ellie Gould on 07900 264417, Anna Dash on 07920 210814, Lucy Golding on 07786 101181 and Lucy Heybyrne on 07770 970917
- North Bristol Team Managers – Rose Daly on 07769 362885, Neil Willison on 07786 334397 and Helen Dabbs on 07810 505469
Closing date: 24/03/2019