If you want to take your skills and experience to the next level, we can help. Our people first approach and investment in making healthcare better combine to create supported opportunities for staff of all Bands and experience levels to grow their earning power and career potential along the way.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical apprenticeships – you can see a sample below. We are always exploring new opportunities.
- Business Administration – Level 2 & 3
- Business and Professional Administration – Level 4
- Customer Service Practitioner – Level 2 and 3
- Assistant Practitioner – Level 5 (Higher Diploma)
- Nursing Associate – Level 5 (Foundation Degree)
Our fastest growing apprenticeships are the Trainee Nursing Associate or Trainee Assistant Practitioner.
Trainee Nursing Associate Programme
Our Trainee Nursing Associate Programme is designed to help enthusiastic and motivated Healthcare Assistants to make their next career move.
It’s all part of our Workforce Development Strategy to help grow non-registered colleagues.
To develop your skills and career with Bristol Community Health, the programme includes:
- Weekly attendance at the University of the West of England, Bristol
- On-the-job training in both Bristol Community Health and in other organisations such as acute and primary care providers
On completion, you’ll have a level 5 Qualification, NMC registration and will be eligible to apply for Band 4 roles within Bristol Community Health.
You’ll also be qualified to apply for the second year of the Nursing Degree programme– which we expect to become an apprenticeship in the near future.
You will study:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Healthcare Practice
- The Delivery of Person-Centred Care
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Team Working and Leadership
- Innovation and Quality Improvement
- Supporting Learning in Practice
- Public and Preventative Health
- Pharmacology and Medicines Management
- Level 2 in English & Maths (equivalent to GCSE)
As well as studying, Trainee Nursing Associates can benefit from placements which give a fantastic opportunity to experience healthcare in a variety of settings and to apply the learning in practice.
Trainee Assistant Practitioner Apprenticeship
Our Assistant Practitioners (AP) deliver healthcare to and for people and we’re committed to helping people through the apprenticeship routes to become an AP.
The apprenticeship is designed to grow your healthcare knowledge and skills, building on your level 3 HCA qualification. So you can confidently assess patients, take more of a clinical leadership role and support other HCAs in their development.
As an assistant practitioner, you can look forward to working with single healthcare professions, or developing further to work across professional boundaries, including nursing, physiotherapy and occupational therapy competencies.